Monday, December 4, 2006

The Timberwolves are Kevin Federline.



Kevin Garnett said today that he's not unhappy with the Timberwolves. Hm, ok. The problem with this statement is he has every reason to be. A player that I'm convinced will go down as one of the best ever at his position has had persistently bad management. Blah Joe Smith blah blah Latrell Spreewell. Blah blah blah only out of the first round once. You've heard all of this before. Despite his chiding of the media, Kevin went on to make some not so veiled shots at the men upstairs:

"People feel sorry for me?" Garnett said. "I don't go out and scout players. I don't do any of the front office stuff. This thing's bigger than Kevin Garnett. I'm a piece, but ... I don't want nobody to feel sorry for me. I bust my [butt] to come in and be consistent every year. If you want to feel sorry for somebody, feel sorry for the people who put the team together and haven't put me in a position to be in those situations. Don't feel sorry for me."


If you need translation, the gist of that was "Fuck you, Kevin McHale. I'm too smart to appear a headcase, but everyone knows you fucked this up." Which brings me to the title. The Timberwolves are Kevin Federline. They landed someone way out of their league. They then proceeded to do everything possible to ruin it. Their significant other went out of the way to not complain publicly. But, it was obvious that whenever they walked out, it would be justified. The Timberwolves are my team for better or worse. But, I hope KG gets to play for someone who deserves him before he retires.

No comments: